Did you know that IELTS for UKVI doesn’t only focus on the speaking and listening parts of the English language? Comprehension also plays the third most important pillar of the whole test. Comprehension then refers to how we fully understand something that’s been relayed.
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) for United Kingdom Visa and Immigration is a major requirement for someone who’s applying for a settlement visa. The applicant should demonstrate his or her English abilities in an English-speaking environment.
Anyway, so much of the technicalities and jargon of the subject. I have some PERSONAL TIPS summarized below, which you may find helpful if you are going to take IELTS for UKVI either module A1 or B1.
1) You need to avoid too much speech fillers such as “uh”, “like”, “you know”, “umm”.
2) Listen carefully to the INSTRUCTIONS provided. The examiner will be giving directions and you are being assessed on this part whether you listen and comprehend or just hear and pass everything on to the other ear. IT IS AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE TEST.
3) Do not rush in answering questions or tasks. Pace yourself. This way, you’re able to collect your thoughts and come up with sensible answers.
4) Don’t worry too much, my friend! Anxiety which causes stress creates nothing but DISASTER. Breathe! Relax! Smile!
5) Look directly at your test partner or the examiner’s eyes to show full engagement in the activity. Don’t leer or stare though. It would be very awkward!🤣🤣🤣
6) Be at the testing center early. This way, you’d be able to calm yourself down and collect yourself before you engage in the battle, eerrr, the test I mean.😍
7) “Dress to impress.” I am not saying you wear something like out of this world, over the edge haute couture clothes. Dress properly for the occasion. You are going to a semi-formal-almost-casual event, so wear something that suits it. And if I may add, wear something that properly suits the occasion and which you feel comfortable, too. This boosts confidence without a question.
8) Don’t get hung up with the grammar. Everyone makes grammar slips every once in a while. Even English native speakers don’t adhere to the correct grammar rule and sentence construction! 😂🤗🤗🤗
9) Don’t forget to tap your shoulder after the test. You deserve it!
*** CTTO of the image***
Leave a Reply