Middle of last year, 2019, when the changes on how to submit supporting documents for UK settlement visa applications took effect. Chaos and confusion ensued amongst those affected, as expected. I was quite ‘fortunate’ enough not to get embroiled in this ‘mess’ as my own application, though straightforward was a bit of a stress-laden one. Well, I think everybody who’s been and is and will be in this situation just feels the same – stressed, worried, discouraged at times, depressed – you name it, all the negativity you could ever think of!
I have been asked by so many people by now regarding the matter that I thought it’s about time to do something about it. In the midst of my busy schedule, I found time to research and delve more into it. I am hoping that my effort will be of help to those who are in dire need of the information. If you think that the details that I am about to share aren’t enough or maybe you have something to add into it as you’ve experienced it firsthand, please do let me know or share it by commenting down. I would really appreciate it very much.
There are four (4) available choices for you to submit your supporting documents.
- Availing the Document Scanning Assistance Service at the visa application centre during your biometric day. This of course is for Php 670.00.
- Self-uploading of supporting documents. This is free of charge and you should refer to the document checklist you should have received as part of your application.
- Someone in the UK, they could be your sponsor, representative or agent, should personally submit your supporting documents personally, for a fee of £75 per application. The fee is payable in cash or with a debit card. Make sure that all your supporting documents are in A4 size paper and in color format. You should also follow the document checklist as you prepare or file your supporting documents. The following below are locations where to submit your supporting documents in person under this option: LONDON: 66 Wilson Street, London, EC2A 2BT BIRMINGHAM: 5-14 South Road, Smethwick, Birmingham, B67 7BN BELFAST: Merrion Business Centre, First Floor 58, Howard Street, Belfast, BT1 6PJ LEICESTER: C/O Peepul’s Centre, Orchardson Ave., Leicester, LE4 6DP CARDIFF: Temple Court – 13A Cathedral Road, Cardiff CF11 9H MANCHESTER: 50 Devonshire Street North, Manchester M12 6JH EDINBURGH: 1 Rennie’s Isle, Leith, Edinburgh EH6 6QT LIVERPOOL: SUITE NO 207, Second Floor, Graeme House, Derby Square, Liverpool, L2 7ZH BRADFORD: Skipton CHamber 16-18 North Parade, Bradford, BD1 3HT
- You, your spouse, your agent or your representative can send your documents to the scanning hub in the UK for a fee. You have to make sure you attach your checklist and the declaration along with all of your supporting documents. You may send them to SCANNING HUB UK, VF SERVICES LTD., 5-14 SOUTH ROAD, SMETHWICK, BIRMINGHAM, B67 7BN
Here are some things you need to know if you opt for number 4.
- A colour photocopy of your passport must be provided in addition to those requirements aforementioned i.e. document checklist if you have applied using the gov.uk website or the first page of your visa application form if you’ve used the visa4uk website.
- All the supporting documents should be provided in full by your spouse, or your agent or your representative as they will be scanned and then returned during the time of visit/submission.
- If you choose to have your documents sent through the post, the documents will be returned to you to the provided address.
- You MUST make sure that all your supporting documents are arranged as per instruction as the scanning services (application centre and portal) do NOT do document checking as this service can be purchased separately, if need be.
Here’s a 3-step guide for you if you’re sending your supporting documents through post:
STEP 1: Arrange all your supporting documents bearing in mind the following things.
- It is mandatory that you submit along with your other supporting documents the first page of your application form showing the GWF number.
- Only documents in A4 size paper will be accepted. All other documents not in A4 size should be photocopied onto A4 sized paper.
- Do NOT submit through post your original documents. A clear colour photocopy of your original documents will suffice. An additional charge will be applied if you submitted a non-coloured photocopies of your documents.
- Do NOT use staple wires on your documents. Paper clips will do.
- Your supporting documents should be categorised into two: 1) Customer’s Documents, 2) Sponsor’s Documents. Make sure you provide a TITLE SHEET for each category which should be placed in front of each category of supporting documents. Below is an example for your guidance ONLY and not exhaustive. List of supporting documents may vary depending on your case.
TITLE SHEET : CATEGORY 1: CUSTOMER’S DOCUMENTS
- First Page Visa Application Form
- Annexure II
- Cover letter
- English Test
- Additional Documents (passport copy/remaining pages of the application form/any other documents you wish to submit)
TITLE SHEET: CATEGORY 2: SPONSOR’S DOCUMENTS
- Passport copy
- Employment letter
- Bank statements
- Accommodation supporting documents
- Sponsor’s declaration/support letter
- Proof of relationship
- Any additional supporting documents
STEP 2: Make payment to VF Services (UK) Ltd. through bank transfer using this bank details: IBAN: GB25HBUK40024451800264 BANK: HSBC SORT CODE: 40-02-44 ACCOUNT NUMBER: 51800264 For each application made, you will be charged £100.00 for scanning of documents by postal mail. If you opt to avail of the secured return delivery of documents service, an additional of £25.00 will be charged. This will bring your payment to £125.00 in total. If there’s no payment made for the secured return delivery of documents service, the documents will be discarded accordingly after scanning. You MUST indicate the Application ID Number or the GWF and Applicant’s Name in the reference of your payment for proper identification of your payment. You need to submit as well the print out of your payment confirmation. In the event that there are multiple applications, separate payments should be made in respect of each application. DO NOT MAKE ONE BANK TRANSFER FOR PAYMENTS FOR MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS.
STEP 3: Send supporting documents along with printout of payment confirmation, checklist and declaration to:
SCANNING HUB VF Services (UK) Ltd. 5-14 South Road Smethwick, Birmingham B67 7BN United Kingdom
There! I hope I got everything penned down for your perusal.
May you all have a happy holidays! May 2020 bring us good health, good fortune and massive YESES from the UK Home Office!
Disclaimer: All this information can be found here: https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/ph/en/vacs/supporting-documents