Here is the list of UK Sponsor documents needed to be submitted along with other supporting documents of a UK tourist visa applicant. This is evidenced by the Immigration Rules Appendix V – Visitor Rules https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-v-visitor-rules
“Funds, maintenance, and accommodation provided by a third party
V 4.3 A visitor’s travel, maintenance, and accommodation may be provided by a third party where the decision maker is satisfied that they:
(a) have a genuine professional or personal relationship with the visitor; and
(b) are not, or will not be, in breach of UK immigration laws at the time of decision or the visitor’s entry to the UK; and
(c) can and will provide support to the visitor for the intended duration of their stay.
V 4.4 The third party may be asked to give an undertaking in writing to be responsible for the applicant’s maintenance and accommodation. In this case, paragraph 35 of Part 1 of these Rules applies also to Visitors. An applicant will normally be refused where, having been requested to do so, the applicant fails to provide a valid written undertaking from a third party to be responsible for their maintenance and accommodation for the period of any visit.”
A. Evidence of Sponsor’s Immigration Status
- Passport and/or BRP
B. Letter of Invitation and Sponsorship Undertaking
- https://wordpress.com/post/freddysmusings.home.blog/499 refer to this link for my blog article regarding the sample sponsor invitation letter.
- https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/sponsor-a-visa-applicant-form-su07 refer to this link for the downloadable SU07 form or the Sponsorship Undertaking form.
- https://wordpress.com/post/freddysmusings.home.blog/506 refer to this link for my blog regarding SU07 or the Sponsorship Undertaking FormC. Sponsor Bank Balance (the sponsor must demonstrate that he/she has ample financial and economic resources that in addition to supporting the applicant’s visit to the UK, the sponsor can adequately support himself/herself and his/her dependents)
C. Proof of Adequate Funds
- Bank statements showing adequate funds available to support the expenses to be incurred during the entire duration of the applicant’s stay and other financial responsibilities of the sponsor. Remember, Immigration hasn’t set a required amount for bank balances for persons sponsoring an applicant. The sponsor should rely on his own personal assessment taking into consideration the expenses covering the cost of living, accommodation, traveling and incidentals the applicant will incur during his/her whole stay. The sponsor should also consider all of his personal expenses.
- Sponsor’s Certificate of Employment and Payslips (for employed sponsors) where the deposits must coincide with the declared pay amount on the payslips
- dividend vouchers/certificates
- If funds are from pension/s, a copy of the certificate/s from the agency declaring the pension should be submitted.
D. Proof of Accommodation
- a copy of the property deed
- mortgage statements
- tenancy agreement
- accountant’s letters
- land registration document
- or any related document proving the details of a sponsor’s ownership or possession of the property
E. Proof of Relationship
- relationship history
- ways and means of communication with each other
- nature of the relationship
- travel history
Leave a Reply