WHO ARE EXEMPT FROM MEETING THE MINIMUM INCOME THRESHOLD (FR) AND WHAT EVIDENCE THEY NEED TO PROVIDE? (PARTNER & CHILD OF A PARTNER APPLICANTS ONLY)
There are some categories of applicants under Appendix FM (Family Members) which are NOT required to meet the minimum income threshold. Instead, they need to meet the requirements for “ADEQUATE” MAINTENANCE and “ADEQUATE” ACCOMMODATION, though I will be discussing in a separate blog how the latter is met.
These applicants are those whose sponsors are in receipt of one of the following specific benefits as stated in Paragraph 12 of Appendix FM-SE (Family Members-Specified Evidence).
- Carer’s Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefits
- Attendance Allowance or Personal Independence Payment
- Armed Forces Independence Payment or Guaranteed Income Payment Under The Armed Forces Compensation Scheme
- Constant Attendance Allowance, Mobility Supplement or War Disablement Under the War Pensions Scheme
- Police Injury Pension
EVIDENCE TO PROVE EXEMPTION FROM MINIMUM INCOME THRESHOLD REQUIREMENT
- Official documentation from the Department for Work and Pensions or Veterans agency confirming the current entitlement and the amount currently received.
- At least one personal bank statement in the 12-month period prior to the date of application showing payment of the amount of benefit or allowance to which the person is currently entitled into their account.