PROCESS FOR UK SETTLEMENT VISA APPLICATION IN THE PHILIPPINES
The UK Settlement Visa (Spouse Visa) is a requirement for the spouse, partner, proposed partner, civil partner, child or other dependant relative of a person who wishes to settle in the UK on the basis of marriage to a British Citizen. It is also the first step to gaining a British Citizenship.
There are several essential requirements needed to be able to get a settlement (spouse) visa, and to mention a few:
- Financial Requirement (Appendix FM 1.7) https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/636618/Appendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement_Final.pdf
- Completely filled in APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A August 2018) https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/733638/VAF4A-Appendix2-08-18.pdf
- English Language Requirement
- Tuberculosis Test
- Relationship Proof
- Previous relationship documents (decree absolute (divorce), legal separation certificate, etc)
- Other supporting documents deem necessary for the HO to make a decision
If you look at it on a superficial level, it is an easy-peasy task of collating them all. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. Some applicant and sponsor’s circumstances are quite tricky compared to others. This is why some applicants who could afford the fee just employ the help of immigration solicitors.
This blog will be about giving information to those who are planning on applying for a spouse visa. This information though is just general information, meaning you can have this as a basis for your application but bear in mind that every case is unique in its own right and should be dealt the way it should be dealt taking into account its circumstances.
A. WHERE TO SEND THE SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS IN THE UK?
***On your biometric submission at the VFS Center, you will be given the address where to send your supporting documents.***
B. TIPS ON HOW TO PREPARE YOUR SV APPLICATION FOR SUBMISSION
- Supporting documents may be sent BEFORE or AS SOON AS POSSIBLE to the UK after the online application form has been completed, and should include your unique GWF number.
- Please remember to submit your biometrics at Visa Application Center with your Original Passport/s.
- Please submit all your supporting documents along with a suitably sized pre-paid, self-addressed envelope for return, either to your chosen address (could be in the UK or in the Philippines).
- The supporting documents may be returned before you receive a decision on the application. This is a normal part of their process and there is no need to contact them.
Tip #1: Provide original documents. If photocopies are also submitted, they must be clear and legible. It is recommended that you provide photocopies of all the original documents you submit to help the Home Office process your application quickly.
Tip #2: All documents should be A4 size. Any documents which are smaller or larger than A4 size should be photocopied onto A4 sized paper. This includes the pages of any previous passports. Remove paper clips, pins or staples before they are submitted.
Tip #3: Attach any Premium or Priority Service receipts to the front of the bundle, to make sure your documents are queued as such.
Tip #4: It would be great if you include a photocopy of your biometric page at the front your supporting document bundle.
Tip #5: Make sure that you marked clearly on the outside of the envelope and at the top right-hand corner of the first page of the enclosed documents the GWF reference number, and the location of the center where the application was lodged.
Many applications had resulted in delayed assessment and were not given a decision on the timeframe the Home Office has declared because of failure to follow these instructions. This is normally true when you enquire from them why is your application hasn’t got a decision yet and you receive a standard email stating that your application’s not straightforward.
C. WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO MY PASSPORT?
Your passport will not be sent to the UK but will remain with UK Visas & Immigration throughout the process.
D. WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO MY SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS?
They will be returned directly from the Sheffield decision-making center to the address you provided on the enclosed return envelope.
E. HOW LONG WILL I WAIT FOR A DECISION TO BE MADE?
The statistics from the UKVI website show how long applications are processed and the percentage of applications decided.
Most applications are processed within 90 days.
The above data is for all decisions made in May 2018
Note: actual processing times may vary depending on a range of factors.
F. HOW MUCH IS THE SETTLEMENT (Spouse or civil partner of a settled person) VISA FEE?
As of this writing, the settlement visa fee is 2023USD.
DO NOT FULLY RELY ON THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN HERE. THESE ARE ONLY GENERAL IDEAS AND GUIDELINES FOR YOU. TAKE EXTRA TIME AND EFFORT TO RESEARCH, ASK, AND DOUBLE CHECK ALL YOUR SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS BEFORE YOU SEND THEM TO SHEFFIELD.
DON’T GET MAD AT ME IF YOU TOOK THE WRONG TURN WHILE PREPARING FOR YOUR APPLICATION JUST FOR THE REASON THAT YOU RELIED SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION.
Thank you very much for sharing these informations. All the best.
Hi, Jo. Pleasure’s all mine. xx