APPROVED: UK TOURIST VISA (STANDARD VISITOR VISA) APPLICATIONS
Getting a visa to go visit another country is more often than not a pain in the calves. I am sure many would agree with this without second thoughts. This was actually the main reason why it took me months before I agreed to my boyfriend’s (husband now) invitation to visit his home country, the United Kingdom.
I did a lot of research regarding the procedures on how to process a tourist visa to the UK. I read too many stories about people getting declined from having a visa. Their visa application plight just kind of magnified my fear to a new height! But the fear I had then pushed me to do some more detailed research on the matter. It came to a point where I stopped on my track because I already got confused by the information overload. So I thought I got to start preparing or else I’d get nowhere.
The first thing I did was give my boyfriend (husband now) of the list of requirements and/or supporting documents we needed for my tourist visa application. As he was trying to complete all the requirements needed on his end, I also started collecting my own supporting documents. Please note that I will be including later on a comprehensive list of supporting documents I submitted for my tourist visa application.
I applied for my first UK tourist visa application in January of 2017 because my husband wanted me to experience the springtime there. I also thought it was a great idea because at least, I’d have enough time still to wrap up all the things work-related. I got my visa February 8th, exactly 15 working days after I lodged it. I flew to the UK via Etihad Airways with one layover in Abu Dhabi on the 12th of April 2017. I was there for 21 days only because I couldn’t get a longer vacation time from work. Though it was short, it was memorable because I was able to visit places I only dreamed of before plus the fact that I was able to meet my husband’s family. The anxiety and the hard work we both put in were all worth it!
Here are the steps I took to process my first and second UK tourist visa applications.
1) I painstakingly did my online application. Here’s the link if you want to apply for a tourist visa online.
I really made sure I filled out the application properly especially the part where I was being asked about financial matters. I studied carefully the figures I put in by counter-checking with my supporting financial documents.
2) After I finished filling out the online application, I gave my husband access to it for payment. If I am not mistaken, he paid 87 pounds for the application fee.
3) I printed out the complete application form together with the appointment checklist form because these form part of the application supporting documents along with both my supporting documents as well as my sponsor’s. I have to add that all of my husband’s supporting documents were all sent electronically. What he did was scan all his docs and send me via email.
4) I prepared two sets of requirements: the original set and the second copy. I did not use stapler to bind the documents. I used paper clips as my separator for each section then bound them all up with a bulldog clip. On top of it all was my table of contents for easy checking.
5) I went to VFS Global centre in Manila for my biometrics appointment. The employees there were all nice and the process was just so smooth it took me for both applications not more than 30 minutes to finish everything.
6) I was informed to wait for a maximum of 15 working days for the result to be released. I opted for courier service because it’s the most sensible thing to do when you’re from the southern tip of the Philippines. True to their words, I received my visa on the 15th working day from the application.
As promised, I am listing down here the requirements I submitted for my tourist visa applications.
APPLICANT’S SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
II. COVER LETTER
III. APPOINTMENT CONFIRMATION
IV. VISA FEE PAYMENT RECEIPT
V. VISA APPLICATION PRINTOUT
VI. CERTIFICATE OF EMPLOYMENT
VII. LEAVE OF ABSENCE FORM DULY SIGNED BY EMPLOYER
VIII. ACCEPTANCE LETTER OF LEAVE OF ABSENCE DULY SIGNED BY EMPLOYER
X. BIR CERTIFICATE OF COMPENSATION PAYMENT/TAX WITHHELD
XI. COMPANY ID & UMID
SPONSOR’S SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
I. INVITATION LETTER
II. SPONSORSHIP UNDERTAKING
III. PASSPORT DATA PAGE
IV. COUNCIL TAX BILL
V. PROPERTY REGISTER
VI. SUMMARY OF TITLE
VIII. BANK STATEMENTS
IX. CREDIT CARD OVERVIEW
OTHER SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
I. MOTHER’S CERTIFICATE OF EMPLOYMENT
II. MOTHER’S UPDATED SERVICE RECORDS
III. MOTHER’S GOVERNMENT IDENTIFICATION CARDS
I decided to share my experiences while preparing for my previous 2 TV applications. I am hoping that by sharing, I’ll be able to help the target audience – those who are applying for standard visit visa or the tourist visa with the same case as mine.